This project was built as a continuation of the QESAMED Tempus project (2013-2016). The number of Partners has been enlarged from 12 to 24, the geographical influence has been extended to new areas (Europe, North and West Africa) and a new major issue has been included: renewable energies applied to agriculture, agronomy and agri-food chains.
Sustainable access to energy is an absolute necessity in Africa to cope, among others, with climate changes. Renewable energies represent a big challenge and the rise of new environmental technologies opens innovative perspectives.
AFREQEN is an Erasmus+ "Capacity Building in Higher Education" project, which brings together 24 French-speaking partners. The project aims at enhancing the development of skills by co-developing higher education and vocational training programs focussed on the key dimensions of metrology and quality management applied to the field of renewable energies.
The CIHEAM-IAMM is in charge of the WP5: support the partners in the development of e-learning modules. It fosters production through the pooling of professional skills (video production, pedagogical engineering, sound recording, video shooting...) and the training of teams who could perpetuate the production of e-learning courses.
Two objectives are targeted by AFREQEN:
- Develop e-learning modules: initial (masters) and vocational training about metrology and quality management applied to the fields of renewable energies and energy efficiency.
- Support the full implementation of skills in quality management and metrology within the partner institutions, not only regarding their education programmes but also the transfer of results of research.
- Develop initial training modules in quality management and metrology applied to renewable energies;
- Build e-learning resources to target a larger public, at controlled costs (Moocs).
- Organize workshops to mobilize the managers of the agricultural and agro-food sectors and increase their awareness about quality management and metrology issues in respect of competitiveness;
- Implement training-action sessions;
- Build a network of expertise and experience sharing;
- Support the transfer of technology and the quality certification of trainings.
Résults, impact of the project
- Production and online availability of e-learning resources
- Institutions with certified quality management systems
- Research labs with strengthened skills and equipment
- Trained professionals through training-action sessions
Conservatoire national des arts et métiers (CNAM) - France
Source of funding
: UE – Erasmus+ Key action n° 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices - Capacity-building in the field of higher education; Call for proposals EAC/A04/2015
Programme and Contact references
: Marc HIMBERT (CNAM), France: Project manager (email@example.com)
Luc MARTIN (CIRAD), France: Vice project manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pierre ARRAGON (CIHEAM-IAMM), France: Responsible for the WP5 « e-learning engineering and production process » (email@example.com)
: 1 000 000,00 €
- Ecole nationale supérieure agronomie (ENSA) ; Université Mohamed Khider de Biskra (UMBK) - Algeria
- Agence française de la francophonie (AUF) - Dir. Régionale Europe de l'Ouest - France
- Université catholique de Louvain (UCL) - Belgium
- Institut international d'ingénierie de l'eau et de l'environnement (2iE) ; Université Ouagadougou (UOUAG) - Burkina Faso
- Institut national polytechnique Houphouët-Boigny (INPHB) ; Université Félix Houphouët-Boigny (UFHB) - Ivory Coast
- Universidad de La Laguna (ULL) - Spain
- Comité africain de métrologie (CAFMET) - France
- Centre international d'études pédagogiques (CIEP) - France
- Centre international de hautes études agronomiques méditerranéennes-Institut Agronomique Méditerranéen de Montpellier (CIHEAM-IAMM) - France
- Centre de coopération internationale en recherche agronomique pour le développement (CIRAD) - France
- Qualité en recherche et en enseignement supérieur (QuaRES) - France
- Université de Perpignan Via Domitia (UPVD) - France
- Conseil régional de l'oriental (CRO) - Morocco
- Institut agronomique vétérinaire (IAV Hassan II) - Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad (UCAM) - Morocco
- ENDA -Energie environnement développement ; Université Cheikh Anta Diop (UCAD) - Senegal
- Université Gaston Berger (UGB) - Senegal
- Université Carthage (UCAR) - Tunisia
- Université de Monastir (UMON) - Tunisia